Police described Murphy’s behavior as predatory, noting his convictions involved sex offences against females, often under the age of 18, after supplying them with drugs and alcohol.
The RNC said it has a duty to warn the public of the risk, and
stressed it was releasing the information so members of the public could
take precautions, not to encourage people to engage in any form of
harassment or vigilante action.
Such actions will not be tolerated,
Murphy is residing in the Paradise area, police say. He is described as 5’6”, average build, with balding light grey hair.
Murphy has been ordered to abide by a number of conditions, according to police.
Denis Murphy conditions are as follows:
- Remain in his residence with curfew hours of 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
- Do not possess any weapon.
- Do not possess any knife or sharp object.
- Do not attempt to communicate with any previous victims or their family members.
- Do not possess or consume any drug not prescribed by a medical professional.
- Do not consume, purchase or possess alcohol.
- Do not enter any bar or other establishment where alcohol sales is the primary source of business.
- Do not enter any home which is the residence of any child under the age of 18 unless in immediate and continued presence of a parent/guardian of the child.
- Do not engage in any activity that involves contact with children under the age of 18, including through the use of a computer system.
- Refrain from any activity, employment or volunteer work that would bring him into contact with any person under the age of 18.
- Refrain from being present within 100 meters of any public park, swimming pool, daycare, school grounds, or community center where one might reasonably expect children under the age of 18 to be present.
- Refrain from entering any personal or romantic relationship or cohabitation (including common-law relationship or marriage) with anyone who is a parent of or is in the care of any child under the age of 18 unless they have been informed by a police agency of these conditions.
- Do not attend any shopping mall, retail outlet or other business for any purpose outside of conducting business, and do not loiter, linger, initiate or encourage any contact with any person under the age of 18 while on such premises.
- Do not participate in any organization whether as a volunteer or
otherwise where children under the age of 18 are expected to be present.Anyone with information about any breaches of these conditions can contact the RNC at 729-8000
"Danger to society':
A man who exposed himself to teenagers at a St. John's dance studio is a "danger to society" and will spend
just over two years in jail, a provincial court judge ruled Friday.